Even if you have never been to Asia and are not a big connoisseur of Asian culture, you definitely know a few things about Japan. Japan is known all over the world for its one-of-a-kind art and fashion, its technological advancements and strong economy, and, lately, as a great destination for single men looking for a great partner. Check out the most important facts about dating a Japanese woman.
What Are Japanese Women Like?
Japanese ladies are often portrayed in the media as gorgeous but childish and naive. This couldn’t be far from reality, but it’s also downright impossible to describe the appeal of Japanese girls in a few words. Here are a couple of facts about them that will make you want to meet a Japanese woman as soon as possible.
There is now a certain standard of Asian beauty around the world, and Japanese ladies fit that standard to 100%. There are many foreign girls who try to emulate the Japanese beauty features and style, but they are unsuccessful, as only women in Japan look organic with those features. Delicate facial traits, flawless porcelain skin, silky dark hair, and petite but ladylike figure are just a few things you will notice in Japanese girls. Moreover, the women of Japan are known for preserving their lovely looks for decades without trying too hard.
There are millions of women in the world who put career over family life, and there are numerous ladies who want to give their all to their families without working at all. This is now how Japanese singles view their future. They want to get the most from life. Women in Japan successfully combine being a wife and a mother with being successful in their careers, and there are very few other females around the world who can do the same.
Japanese girls are smart and ambitious, but it doesn’t mean that they cannot enjoy the romantic side of life. In fact, romance is what inspires Japanese women and gives them the power to do greater things. Women in Japan are strictly monogamous and they are not interested in getting as many ex-partners under their belt as possible. They simply want to love and to be loved, and they have the rare ability to be selfless and utterly romantic in a relationship.
Do Japanese Women Make Good Wives?
Japanese singles have achieved massive popularity as potential girlfriends, but they are also actively sought out as wives. There are countless men who dream about getting a Japanese wife, and that is not surprising. A Japanese wife is someone who can tick every box for a Western man.
She’s good-looking and youthful, but she’s also mature for her age. She’s perfect for starting a family because she loves kids and is ready for eternal commitment. She’s respectful and quiet, but can be assertive when it comes to protecting her family. In other words, Japanese wives have everything you are looking for in a woman and even more.
What Kind Of Men Do They Like?
A Japanese woman has a clear idea of what she wants her future life to look like, and that includes certain requirements from a man who wants to win her heart. It doesn’t mean that Japanese girls have a checklist that you need to fit, but there are also several qualities that are essential to women in Japan. Here they are:
- Determination. If you want to date or marry a Japanese woman, you need to know what you want and how to get there. In other words, you need to have a long-term plan for your life and conquer it step by step.
- Strong character. Japanese women are known for having a lot of beliefs and not changing them in years. This is exactly what they expect from a potential partner. Your strength of character and the firmness of your beliefs matter a lot.
- Interest in starting a family. A Japanese lady wants a family more than she wants anything in life, so that’s what you need to want as well. Plus, you shouldn’t just want a family for the sake of it and should genuinely want to spend time with your loved ones.
Where To Meet Japanese Women In Japan?
Millions of people around the world are dreaming of visiting Japan one day. It’s one of the most mysterious and fascinating countries on the planet. A trip to Japan often turns out to be life-changing, especially if your goal is not just to see the local sights and experience the culture, but also to meet Japanese singles. Here are the top 3 cities for dating in Japan.
As the capital of Japan, Tokyo is where most foreigners end up staying. This city has a lot to offer even to the most seasoned tourists, and since it’s the most popular destination for foreign visitors, local Japanese girls have plenty of experience with Western men and won’t treat you like a novelty. For the most popular hangout spots, try the Tapas, Nobu Tokyo, and Robot restaurants, the Bauhaus, Geronimo, and Rooftop bars, or the Ibez, Odeon, and Harlem nightclubs in the evening.
Osaka is not as big as Tokyo, but it’s a famous cultural and architectural centre of Japan. Moreover, it’s known for its vibrant entertainment industry and nightlife, so if you don’t have any luck meeting the ladies in the streets of Osaka, you can try the many popular locations in the city. They include the Osaka Tacos, Gautama, and Alto Tritone restaurants, the Nayuta, Voyager Stand, and Babushka bars, while the Giraffe, Ghost, and Owl Osaka nightclubs will show you Osaka’s famous nightlife.
Yokohama is one of the Japanese cities that are rather big in comparison to others but don’t attract a lot of foreign visitors. This is definitely an oversight and Yokohama has plenty of fabulous sights to offer. On the other hand, Yokohama is full of women who have no experience with foreign guys but are open to meeting them. You have the best chance of achieving your goals at the Bills, Charcoal Grill Green, and Truva restaurants or the Craftsman, The Green Sheep, and Full Monty pubs. The Milano, Disco Groovy, and Motion Blue nightclubs give you a fun opportunity to dance the night away while meeting local ladies.
Where To Meet Japanese Women Online?
It’s easy to guess that women in Japan are among the first ones around the world to try new technologies and services. This is why online dating has been popular in Japan ever since it was invented. There are hundreds of thousands of Japanese singles you can meet online, but you won’t find a lot of them on your usual dating sites and apps.
When a Japanese lady wants to meet a foreign partner for a serious relationship or marriage, she goes to a special online service known as an international dating site. These sites have a clear focus on long-term relationships and marriage between people from different countries. They make it easy to meet girls who share your values and goals, so your relationship will get a strong start.
How To Date A Japanese Girl: 7 Tips
When you want to date a Japanese woman, you need to be aware of the difference in your mentality and worldview. Many of the things that are completely mundane for us are unacceptable in Japanese dating culture, and vice versa. Here is what you can do to help your relationship succeed.
- Always approach Japanese women first. Japan is a very modern country in many regards, but Japanese girls still find it impossible to approach guys. When you are interested in a Japanese lady, you will need to reach out to her first.
- Give her space to be herself. The personality and outlook of Japanese women are incredibly complex, but they are sometimes wary of showcasing them due to the fear of being misunderstood. Let your woman know that you accept all of her sides.
- Don’t talk too much about finances. People in Japan like to be financially comfortable, but they are not trying to pursue a life of luxury. That is why you can hardly impress a Japanese girl with stories about your salary, house, and car.
- Ask her for her dream date idea. You can spend days researching the dating culture in Japan, but you still can’t guess what every Japanese girl wants. That is why you should let your girlfriend suggest her own date ideas and not just rely on your own tastes.
- Memorable gifts are important. One of the surprising things about Japanese singles is that they are incredibly romantic and love all the romantic memorabilia. A Japanese girl will expect a small but meaningful gift on every special occasion.
- Find out what she wants in life. Men often assume that women just want to get married, have kids, and never work a day in their lives, but this is not what Japanese ladies are like. Many of them have career ambitions, and it’s important for you to honor them.
- Keep your communication alive. A long-distance relationship between two busy adults means you can’t see each other as often as you’d like. However, that doesn’t mean that you can only communicate on dates. Modern technology gives you plenty of opportunities to talk and even have dates when you are away from each other.
Frequently Asked Questions
Will there be a language barrier with Japanese ladies?
If you’ve never learned Japanese, it can take you years to fully master the language. The good news is that most young Japanese women are perfectly fluent in English. The local accent may require you some time to get used to it, but other than that, there will be no problems with understanding each other when you are dating a Japanese woman.
Why do Japanese women consider moving abroad for marriage?
It can often seem like Japan is one of the best places on the planet, especially for women. In reality, however, things can be far from perfect. Japanese singles often complain about their country’s work-oriented culture and the inability of local guys to choose family over work. This is not something a Japanese woman is willing to accept, which is why marriage to a foreign guy and moving abroad is such an attractive idea to her.
Are Japanese girls overly close with their parents?
No, Japanese women are some of the most independent ladies in Asia. They typically move out of the family home to study at universities and they continue living on their own when beginning their career. A Japanese girl has a lot of love and respect for her parents, but she is also used to living alone and making her own decisions.
Laurel Garrett is a chief content officer at PlanetofWomen with a Ph.D. in psychology. Her main area of professional interest is international dating. Laurel’s expertise in cultures of different countries, gender psychology, and matchmaking allows her to create professional guides to dating girls of different nationalities and independent reviews of dating sites.