Ireland is a majestic country with stunning views and fascinating history. However, today we are not going to talk about any of that — you can get that information from tour guides and travel channels. Today we want to introduce you to an equally attractive aspect of Ireland that is not as commonly discussed — the fabulous Irish women and how to date them.
What Are Irish Women Like?
If you’ve never met an Irish girl in person and have only seen these women in movies and TV shows, you may have no idea what they are really like. Here are the three important things to know about the women of Ireland.
They possess a unique kind of beauty
When looking at a lineup of women, you can always tell an Irish girl from others. The ivory skin with adorable freckles, the bright red hair, and the delicate build are just some of the things the world loves in Irish women. Of course, the beauty of Irish girls is getting more diverse as they are getting more dating with makeup, hair colors, and clothing, but you can still see their signature features no matter what style they go for.
They are incredibly easy to be around
You can meet an Irish woman for the first time in your life, and after you spend half an hour with her, you will already feel like you’ve known her for ages. This is not to say that your relationship with an Irish lady will ever get less exciting than it was in the beginning. This is simply one of the most unique things about Irish girls — their ability to make someone feel at ease without trying too hard.
They are loyal and appreciative
When you are in a relationship with an Irish woman, you never feel like your efforts are one-sided and that you are trying to impress her without getting anything back. Irish girls notice and appreciate everything you do for them, and that makes your relationship much more satisfying. And loyalty is not just a fancy word for Irish ladies — in their minds, an ideal relationship is built on loyalty and trust, and that’s exactly what they are trying to achieve.
Do Irish Women Make Good Wives?
We have no doubt that you will enjoy every second of your relationship with an Irish girl. But do these women actually make good wives? Once you reach a certain age, it’s very important to consider the long-term perspective when looking for a partner. Here are just three of the many reasons why you will enjoy having an Irish wife.
- She will support you no matter what. Irish wives are the type of women who support their men without asking too many questions. They will stand together with you against the world and they will give you the confidence and strength to succeed every day.
- She will give you the family you’ve always wanted. To an Irish wife, two is already a family, but three or four is the most perfect family size. Irish women make outstanding mothers who are both caring and give their kids enough autonomy to develop.
- She will make you fall in love with Irish cuisine. British cuisine often gets a bad rep around the world, but Irish cuisine is an exception. Irish wives expect their husbands to do part of the housework, but cooking is something they want to do on their own, and you should definitely let them do it because they are fantastic at it.
What Kind of Men Do They Like?
Irish girls may seem cordial and carefree, and for the most part, they are. However, when you start to get to know them better, you will understand that they are very serious about the men they date, and even more serious about the men they marry. Here are the three qualities an Irish lady is looking in a potential partner:
- Intelligence. It is very important for an Irish girl to be able to talk to her partner about anything in the world, not just the weather or the latest TV show. You need to have enough knowledge to be able to support a conversation with your Irish lady.
- Work/life balance. Don’t get us wrong, an Irish woman probably wouldn’t date someone who is unemployed or works an entry-level job with no career ambitions whatsoever. However, she also doesn’t want to be with someone who only cares about their work and treats family and relationships as an afterthought.
- Active lifestyle. Irish women work hard, but you are unlikely to catch them spending all day in front of the TV on their day off. These women like to go out, spend time outside or with their friends, and they expect a partner who will share their passions.
Where to Meet Irish Women in Ireland?
Ireland is one of the must-visit countries in Europe, and your trip can be even better when you can meet some of Europe’s most charming and beautiful girls. Ireland is not as densely populated as some other European destinations, but there are still some affluent cities in the country where you can meet Irish singles. Here are the top 3 to try.
This is the number one city for tourists in Ireland, and for a good reason. There are plenty of Irish girls to meet in Dublin even when you simply walk around the city. If you want to grab a bite while also meeting local women, check out the Etto, Pearl Brasserie, and Mulberry Garden restaurants. The Clement & Pekoe, 3FE, and Network coffee shops make fantastic meetup spots during the date. The Temple Bar, The Long Hall, and The Palace Bar are just some of Dublin’s night scene locations.
As the capital of Northern Ireland, Belfast attracts a fair share of tourists of its own, but it also has thousands of single Irish girls who don’t mind meeting foreign guys. To get to know them, try the OX, Home, and Shu restaurants among others. The Crown, Laverys, and Sunflower pubs will introduce you to Ireland’s famous pub culture, and the Alibi, Time, and Ollie’s nightclubs will make you see an unexpected side of beautiful Irish singles.
Cork looks like a relatively small city on paper, but it’s actually a major university center. This means that you can meet both local Cork girls and young and smart women from other Irish and British regions there. Besides university campuses and city parks, you can try the Bombay Palace, Quinlans Seafood, and Market Lane restaurants. The Bookshelf, Alchemy, and Bean & Leaf coffee shops are great during the day, and Voodoo Rooms, Dali, and The Secret Garden nightclubs will impress you after dark.
Where to Meet Irish Women Online?
Ireland was one of the first places in Europe where online dating has become popular. This was likely due to Irish cities and villages being located far away from each other, so people in Ireland needed an easy way to contact each other and arrange dates. So there are thousands of Irish singles you can meet on the internet, but if you’re a foreigner looking for an Irish girlfriend, you may not have a lot of luck with Tinder and other location-based apps.
What you need is a reliable international dating service. These services have a unique audience. It may not be as big as the audience of the most popular dating sites, but it’s the audience that exclusively consists of Irish singles who want to date foreign men. This means you’ll only meet women who are interested in meeting you, not some local guys, which already gives your relationship a promising start.
How to Date an Irish Girl: 7 Tips
On one hand, dating an Irish woman should be easy because you are not separated by things like language barrier or significant cultural differences. On the other hand, Irish women may have a different dating environment, so there are some things that can go wrong. These are the 7 tips that will help you make the most out of your time with Irish girls.
- Don’t try too hard when approaching her. Irish women are known for being very casual and laid-back. They can always tell when you are trying too hard, and it’s actually a big turn-off for them. So try to act as naturally as possible and use your instincts more.
- Try to build a spiritual connection. An Irish woman doesn’t care too much about your job title or the state of your bank account. What she cares about is whether you have enough in common. Discuss every topic in the world to see where you two match.
- Let her know that her opinion matters. Irish ladies are confident and strong. They will listen to your ideas, but they also don’t want you to ignore theirs. No matter how small the issue is, let your girlfriend know that you value her input and will consider it.
- Meet her family and friends. Out of all European nations, the Irish probably value their family connections most of all. Your Irish woman is definitely very close with her friends and family, and she will be over the moon if you also bond with them.
- Get her small but meaningful gifts. An Irish woman will be hardly impressed if you get her a designer handbag or the latest flagship smartphone. However, a pendant with her initials on it or her favorite perfume will be a gift she will remember for a long time.
- Explore the great outdoors with her. When choosing a location for a date with an Irish lady, a bar or a pub are all great options, but sometimes, you need to go with nature. Anything from visiting the nearest park to going hiking will impress her more.
- Make sure you agree on the big stuff. Dating for months and then finding out that you have a completely different view of family and should therefore break up can be very disappointing. This is why you should have this important discussion early on.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do Irish women tend to get married early?
In general, no. Compared to other European women, Irish girls tend to get married significantly laters, around 30 years of age. However, it doesn’t mean that they completely ignore the romantic aspect of life before that. They simply treat marriage as a very serious thing and don’t want to make the wrong choice, so they take their time to find the right partner.
Do Irish girls have many partners by the time they get married?
A typical Irish woman will have one or two serious boyfriends and a couple more casual relationships by the time she decides to tie the knot. So while it’s not very common for Irish girls to marry their first-ever boyfriends, they also don’t tend to go through multiple serious relationships just out of fear of missing out.
Is it hard for Irish ladies to leave their home country behind for marriage?
For sure! It’s probably hard for any woman to abandon her home country and old life and move abroad for marriage. And it’s even harder for Irish women, whose home country is fantastic from every angle. This is why it’s so important for Irish girls to have a strong support system when they are marrying a foreigner and moving abroad, and you should become that support system.
Laurel Garrett is a chief content officer at PlanetofWomen with a Ph.D. in psychology. Her main area of professional interest is international dating. Laurel’s expertise in cultures of different countries, gender psychology, and matchmaking allows her to create professional guides to dating girls of different nationalities and independent reviews of dating sites.