Germany is a European country that is not often associated with dating and romance, but that is nothing more than an oversight. The truth is that German girls make great girlfriends and even better wives, so if you are searching for a significant other, Germany is definitely a country to consider. Here are the most important things to know about dating a German woman.
What Are German Women Like?
German girls travel fairly often, but if you have never stayed for a long time in Germany, you may not have actually gotten a chance to get to know these women better. Hopefully, you will have a lifetime ahead of you to do it, but here are three facts about German girls to get you started.
They are very good-looking
There are a few unflattering stereotypes about the appearance of German girls, but they are nothing more than myths perpetuated by men who have never experienced the beauty of a German woman in person. In reality, these women have gorgeous features: perfectly sculpted faces, grey or blue eyes, natural hair in various shades of blonde and brown, and thin but sensual lips. German ladies are also very good at keeping themselves in shape, and their modern fashion sense goes well with their flawless figures.
They know what matters the most in life
If you look at the statistics, you will see that German women don’t get married or have children too early in life. They prefer to get a high-quality education, find their career path, and get good at what they are doing. This leads to some people believing that German girls don’t consider marriage or kids important, but the truth is much simpler. German women simply want to get married once and for all, which is why they are very meticulous about finding a partner. When they finally get the family they’ve always wanted, it becomes their #1 priority.
They are open-minded and sincere
German ladies are some of the world’s most forward-thinking and uncomplicated women in the world. They don’t play any mind games, take advantage of men’s feelings for them, or try to seem cooler than they really are. Whatever German women have on their minds, they have no problem with saying it out loud. This is why there aren’t going to be any misunderstandings or secrets in your relationship with a German girl. These women have no problem with confessing their feelings or telling you when they are unhappy about something, and ultimately, it will make your relationship healthier.
Do German Women Make Good Wives?
When you reach a certain age, you no longer think of beautiful women as just girlfriends or friends with benefits. You want something more stable, something more meaningful, and something long-term. This is why thousands of Western men specifically look for German women for marriage, and their desire to find a German wife is completely understandable.
German wives are reliable and supportive. They always keep their promises and will stand by your side no matter what you are going through in life. A German wife may not want to do 100% of the chores, especially if she’s also working, but she also won’t nag you about them. Plus, German wives eventually become caring, nurturing, but fair mothers who raise the happiest and most accomplished kids.
What Kind Of Men Do They Like?
The important thing to know about German singles is that they have very high standards. They pay attention to the physical and emotional attraction, but when it comes to choosing a long-term partner or a husband, there are certain qualities they also want to see in a man. They include:
- Wide outlook. German girls never feel bored because they always have something fun, useful, or exciting to do. They read, go out with friends, visit museums and galleries, travel, take classes, and expect men to have an equally engaging lifestyle.
- Ambitious nature. If you work an entry-level job and have no real plans for the future, there is a very slim chance a German woman will actually find you attractive. You don’t need to be rich, but you need to be smart and have a go-getter attitude.
- Ability to commit. When a German lady is searching for a potential husband or long-term boyfriend, she wants to find a person who will be loyal to her and the future family for decades, not someone who will change their mind after a while.
Where To Meet German Women In Germany?
Germany is a somewhat underrated travel destination in Europe. It’s definitely worth visiting even when you don’t exactly plan to meet anyone, but it can also be a fantastic place to meet smart and attractive German singles. These are the top 3 cities and the hottest spots in each to check out.
Berlin is the capital of Germany and one of the busiest cities in Europe. It’s also a multicultural place where there are dozens of interesting things taking place at a time. You can meet local girls when simply attending those events, but if you want to maximize your chances of success, try the Portofino, MontRaw, and Facil restaurants, The Redwood Bar, Curtain Club Bar, and The Castle pub, or the Avenue, OHM, and Maxxim clubs to experience the Berlin nightlife.
Hamburg is an important economic and education centre of northern Germany, so if you’re into highly educated, ambitious women, you can try meeting them at local business centres and university campuses. On top of that, the mEatery, Parliament, and NOM restaurants, The London Pub, the Le Leon and Yakashi’s bars, as well as the Halo, Moondoo, and The Room nightclubs are also popular meeting spots in the city.
Munich is a city where you can walk for hours and still find something new to admire. It’s also a city with some of Germany’s most beautiful women who are completely open to meeting foreign men. Besides the city streets and parks, you can try the Ratskeller, Longgrain, and Risotto restaurants, The Kilians Pub, as well as the Pusser’s and Schumann’s bars. The Palais, Paradiso, and Pacha nightclubs are also great places for meeting German singles.
Where To Meet German Women Online?
Women in Germany are quick to adopt new trends, so unsurprisingly, they are both very comfortable with the idea of online dating and actively use it to find suitable partners. There is a big population of German singles on popular dating sites and apps like Tinder, but if you’re a foreigner looking for a German girlfriend, you probably won’t have a lot of success with those apps.
What you need is a trusted international dating service. These services have one major goal: to help people from different parts of the world meet and communicate online, and possibly take their relationship offline. With the help of international dating sites, you can talk to beautiful German women, develop relationships, and do everything on your own terms.
How To Date A German Girl: 7 Tips
There is a good chance you have never met a German woman before, and with so many stereotypes about them and their culture, feeling nervous and not too confident is perfectly okay when you are about to date a German woman. You will definitely learn a few lessons along the way, but these 7 tips will help avoid the most common mistakes.
- Act cool when approaching her. German ladies hate it when men are trying too hard to impress them, especially when you are meeting for the first time. You can demonstrate your interest, but don’t use any cheesy compliments, pickup lines, or jokes.
- Try to instantly establish a connection. By now, you can probably guess that German women are not obsessed with the idea of finding a boyfriend. They will only date someone they have a lot in common with, and that’s exactly what you should focus on.
- Don’t ask twice if she said no the first time. The great thing about German girls is that they are very straightforward even in romantic situations. When a woman says she’s not interested in meeting you, it doesn’t mean that you need to try again.
- Use every opportunity to get to know her. When thinking about the best idea for a date, try to think of a location that will allow you to talk freely. That way, you will be able to ask a lot of questions and get to know her as a person.
- Don’t always insist on paying. Women in Germany are very emancipated and they don’t like to always depend on men. They may allow you to pay for the first few dates, but once you’re more comfortable with each other, you should let your lady pay too.
- Give your woman the freedom she needs. A typical German girl has a great career, a thriving social life, as well as hobbies and favorite pastimes. She definitely doesn’t want to give it all up for a new relationship, which is why you should give her some time alone.
- Talk about the things that matter. Even in the early stages of your relationship, it’s very important to give it some sense of direction. In other words, both of you need to have a clear understanding of the future of your relationship and how you’ll continue as a couple.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are German girls overly pragmatic?
Women in Germany are definitely more pragmatic than most of their European counterparts. They know exactly what they want to achieve in life and how to get it. However, this is actually a good thing for a relationship or marriage. With a German wife or girlfriend, you will get a partner who contributes to the household as much as you do.
What if there is an income gap between us?
The majority of German women not only work just to support themselves financially, but actively build careers and strive to be more successful and wealthy. This is why foreign men dating and marrying German ladies often end up in a situation where their partner is making more. Luckily, German women don’t pay too much attention to it and will never undermine your efforts.
Do German women continue working after getting married?
They certainly do! While family is very important to German ladies and they will definitely take a long break from work when they have kids, they are also not ready to give up work for good. A German woman enjoys being able to make her own money and achieve her career goals, which is why your household will have twice as much money compared to situations where the man is the only one working.
Laurel Garrett is a chief content officer at PlanetofWomen with a Ph.D. in psychology. Her main area of professional interest is international dating. Laurel’s expertise in cultures of different countries, gender psychology, and matchmaking allows her to create professional guides to dating girls of different nationalities and independent reviews of dating sites.