China is a huge country that everyone in the world has heard about, but it also has a somewhat mysterious status. Many of us have never met a Chinese person before, but Chinese women are still very alluring. Here is everything you need to know about women from China before dating a Chinese woman.
What Are Chinese Women Like?
The complexity and depth of Chinese ladies makes it impossible to do them justice in one post, but here are the qualities of Chinese women that make them especially irresistible to Western men.
Chinese girls possess the most classic type of Asian beauty with a milky skin tone, expressive brown eyes, delicate features, and shiny black hair that frames their faces perfectly. Unlike many other Asian girls, Chinese women are big fans of natural beauty and would never do anything to change their looks dramatically. Their fashion sense can often be conservative, but it still allows you to catch a glimpse of their curvy but fit shape.
Romantic at heart
Romance is an integral part of the life of a Chinese lady. Even when she’s not dating anyone, she spends a big chunk of her life fantasizing about finding her soulmate. When that finally happens, a Chinese woman dedicates most of her time to romance. She is the type of person who will give her partner cute gifts without any occasion, text him in the morning to wish him a great day, and surround him with passion and attention.
Compassionate and caring
Chinese women don’t just make great girlfriends — they also make reliable, trusted partners. A Chinese girl is able to see any situation through the other person’s eyes, which makes her more compassionate than most women you’ve encountered before. Moreover, Chinese ladies consider it their top priority to take care of the people they love. Being in a relationship with a Chinese woman will make you feel very special.
Smart beyond belief
The beauty and romantic disposition of women in China often makes people overlook their secret weapon — their intelligence. Chinese girls are brought up in families where education is the greatest value. Families will often spend their life savings on giving their daughters the education they deserve. As a result, a Chinese woman will always impress you with the sheer amount of knowledge she has, as well as the ability to use that knowledge in the most unexpected ways.
Do Chinese Women Make Good Wives?
Western men actively seek Chinese girls for dating, but the truth is that Chinese wives are just as popular around the world and there are countless guys who would love to get a wife from China. There are so many things that make Chinese women for marriage perfect that we couldn’t possibly list them all today, but we can give you just a taste of what Chinese wives are like.
A Chinese wife is someone who will always support you without asking any questions or demanding anything in return. It’s a woman who will become a nurturing mother to your kids, a caring daughter-in-law to your parents, and most importantly, a loving wife and understanding partner to you. She will make your home a better place to live and will make you long to come back from work to a freshly made dinner.
What Kind Of Men Do They Like?
The gender imbalance in China is becoming more and more obvious. These days, Chinese girls have plenty of options to choose from when looking for a potential husband, and they don’t want to settle for someone who doesn’t meet their expectations. A typical Chinese lady is looking for someone who is:
- Kind. Many Chinese women believe there is not enough kindness in the world right now. This is not something they want for their own family, so they are searching for someone who is kind and accepting.
- Not afraid of challenges. Women in China are strong-willed and determined. They want to be with someone who is equally strong and doesn’t crumble under the first sign of trouble.
- Committed. Chinese girls are somewhat old-fashioned and they hardly ever see divorce as an option. They are searching for a man who will become their husband for life and won’t get second thoughts after a while.
Where To Meet Chinese Women In China?
China is a very alluring travel destination, but it’s often overlooked because there are so many fantastic places to visit in Asia. However, if you love Asian culture, China is definitely a must-see place. Plus, it gives you an opportunity to meet hot Chinese women in their natural habitat. Here are the top spots to do it.
Beijing is the capital of China and the place where most foreigners arrive and end up spending time. There are millions of beautiful Chinese girls to meet in Beijing and around it, and the best news is that women there are both sociable and fluent in English. Try the King’s Joy, Siji Minfu, and Dali Courtyard restaurant, the Elements Club, Pass By, and Kokomo bars in the evening, or the Soloist, Voyage, and Starbucks coffee shops during the daytime.
Hong Kong not only has a special status within China, but is also one of the most Westernized places in the country. Hong Kong is a popular destination among foreign tourists who come to China specifically to meet Chinese singles. If you don’t have any luck in the streets, which is possible because women in Hong Kong are always in a rush, you can check out the Ando, Carbone, and Roganic restaurants, the Champagne Bar, The Old Man, and Room 309 pubs, or the Oma, Play, and Volar nightclubs in the afterhours.
Shanghai is an important economic, cultural, and educational centre of China, but it’s not very popular with Western tourists. It means that if you manage to strike a conversation with local girls, your chances of success are bigger than in the more famous Chinese cities among foreigners. The Xibo, Bollywood, and Efes restaurants, The Long Bar, Vue Bar, and Kartel Wine Bar, as well as the Mint, Hollywood, and Le Baron nightclubs are the hottest hangout locations among locals.
Where To Meet Chinese Women Online?
China is one of the most rapidly developing countries in the world and online dating is as common in China as it is in other parts of the world. It’s also a growing trend among Chinese singles to look for foreign men online. However, since many of the popular dating apps and sites are not available in China, you won’t find a lot of Chinese girls on those sites and apps.
If your goal is to meet Chinese singles, your best option is an international dating service. The audience of these services may not be as big as the number of women on common dating sites, but on the other hand, all those female profiles you see are 100% real. More importantly, they want to date and marry Western guys, so you are already on the same page.
How To Date A Chinese Girl: 7 Tips
Whether you have marriage or something more casual on your mind, dating a Chinese girl is something you will need to do if you want to get to know Chinese ladies better. You will need to do your own research to understand the dating culture in China better, but these 7 tips are a good place to start.
- Be persistent if necessary. Chinese women don’t want to seem too easy or too eager to date a foreign guy. That is why they can play hard to get at first, so you should always ask for the second time even if you get a negative reply at first.
- The relationship should be exclusive from the start. Things may be different in Western culture, but in China, a relationship between a man and a woman is always exclusive. It means you need to stop seeing other women the second your romance begins.
- Show utmost respect for her culture. Chinese culture may not be very well-known in the West and it’s very complex, but while you are getting to know it better, it’s important to avoid making any jokes or assumptions about it that may hurt your woman’s feelings.
- Make your gifts memorable. China is one of the countries where romantic memorabilia and various gifts are very important, especially in a new relationship. However, a generic gift won’t impress your lady too much and you’ll need to actually put some effort into it.
- Find the things you both love doing. When you are two adults from completely different cultures and backgrounds, it’s perfectly normal to have different tastes and hobbies. However, in order for your relationship to work, there should be something you both enjoy.
- Accept the invitation to visit her family. Chinese women are very close to their parents and will definitely want to get their opinion about you before making the relationship official. This meeting is very important, as it’s your only chance to make a good first impression.
- Don’t wait for too long before proposing. For Chinese girls, dating for years before marriage is not very common. They don’t stick with relationships when they see that things are not working, and when they do, they prefer to date for up to a year before receiving the coveted engagement ring.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are Chinese women overly materialistic?
There are two biggest types of Chinese women you can meet. The first ones are used to a certain level of comfort and don’t want to give it up for marriage. The second ones come from more humble beginnings, but they have strong ambitions and don’t want to settle for anything less. That is why the financial status of a potential partner matters to Chinese ladies, but only to a degree.
Do Chinese girls know English on a decent level?
The answer to this question very much depends on the background of the lady. Girls from modern families and big cities receive a high-quality education and can easily communicate with English-speaking foreigners. For women from villages or smaller cities, especially from the more old-fashioned families, English is not the most popular subject to study, but when they meet someone from abroad they want to date, they make sure to quickly catch up.
At what age do Chinese ladies typically get married?
Unlike many of their Asian counterparts, Chinese women prefer not to rush with something as important as marriage. Many Chinese girls decide to get married when they get closer to 30, although there are also many women in China who are ready for marriage at 25 or younger. What’s even more important is that Chinese ladies want the marriage to last for a lifetime and are therefore very serious about their choice of a partner.
Laurel Garrett is a chief content officer at PlanetofWomen with a Ph.D. in psychology. Her main area of professional interest is international dating. Laurel’s expertise in cultures of different countries, gender psychology, and matchmaking allows her to create professional guides to dating girls of different nationalities and independent reviews of dating sites.